Shortbread Cookies with Matcha Tea, from eBook of Sweet and Savory Recipes by Minnie Jardine
In a medium bowl, mix:
- 1 cube - unsalted butter (softened but not melted)
- 1/4 cup - dehydrated cane sugar
In a large bowl, whisk:
- 1 cup - whole grain spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons - arrowroot powder
- 1/4 teaspoon - celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon - sifted matcha powder
Mix dry ingredients into the butter and sugar. Roll into a log, wrap and chill for at least one hour.
Cut log into 1/4 inch slices. Makes approximately 24 cookies. Bake at 275 for 15 minutes. Cool completely.