Matcha Was Made for Lattes
A morning latte with Gotcha Matcha will wake you up and set you up right for a magical day.
The possibilities are limitless. Create your own flavor sensations. Here are our tips and suggestions.
- Enjoy lattes hot or cold
- Use any kind of milk - we like almond milk best
- Use your favorite kitchen gadget to whisk, froth and blend
Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe with Gotcha Matcha
The trick to preparing a cafe style matcha green tea latte is to make the tea first, then add the hot milk and foam.
- Sift 1 tsp Gotcha Matcha into a cup
- Melt matcha by adding 2 oz hot water and stirring until matcha becomes a smooth paste
- Pour 6 oz steamed milk over matcha tea
- Scoop foamy milk on top
- Sprinkle with matcha dust or cocoa powder
- Add vanilla, almond or mint flavors
- Sweeten with honey or agave nectar
Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe
Blend a chilled matcha green tea latte using a classic martini shaker.
- Sift 2 tsps Gotcha Matcha into a martini shaker
- Fill shaker with 1 cup ice
- Add half cup fresh filtered water
- Shake well, and pour into a tall glass with fresh ice
- Finish with 3 oz frothed chilled milk - cow, almond, soy or rice
Adjust quantities to taste. There are no rules. Some people may prefer more milk and more tea or vice versa.
- Add flavors with chai spice, cinnamon, vanilla or coconut
- Sift a pinch of matcha over the top
Green Tea Lattes Are Only the Beginning
In addition to matcha green tea lattes, you can experiment by adding
Gotcha Matcha Cafe Grade Matcha to yogurt shakes, milk drinks and cocktails. Use a blender for mixing with ingredients like yogurt and ice cream. Use a hand held milk frother for cafe drinks and a martini shaker for iced-tea and mocktails.