Matcha tea is an antioxidant superpower with more catechins than regular brewed green tea.
October is Breast Health Awareness Month
Good nutrition is the single practical preventative measure women have to fight against this disease. Change the odds with matcha tea. Focus on prevention with nutrition, education and awareness.
Good nutrition is the single practical preventative measure women have to fight against this disease.
The Anti-Cancer Effect
Matcha tea delivers a mega-does of cancer-fighting EGCg in every serving. Emerging clinical studies suggest that the green tea antioxidant EGCg (epigallocatechin-3-gallate) may play an important role in the prevention of cancer. Researchers believe:
- Catechins in matcha tea help kill cancerous cells and stop their progression
- Drinking green tea increase breast cancer survival rates
- EGCg- found only in green tea – significantly inhibits tumors.
Change the Odds with Matcha Tea
When you drink matcha you ingest the entire leaf and receive 100% of the nutritional benefit of the tea.
- Matcha tea contains 4 times the catechins of regular brewed green tea
- EGCg, an antioxidant found only in green tea, is the catechin with the most renowned cancer–fighting properties.
- EGCg makes up 60% of the catechin content of matcha tea.
- USDA recommends 5000 ORAC units per day. One serving of matcha (2g) contains 2400 fiber-filled, sugar-free ORAC units.
- Matcha’s ORAC rating is exponentially higher than other antioxidant-rich foods such as blueberries and spinach.
For your morning caffeine fix, Dr. Kristi Funk of the Pink Lotus Breast Center in Beverly Hills, suggests trading your cup of joe for green tea. Coffee doesn't increase your risk of getting cancer, but Kristi explains, "three cups of green tea a day decreases breast cancer risk by half."
"...three cups of green tea a day decreases breast cancer risk by half."
Specifically, matcha green tea is best. Rachel Beller, a nutritional oncology specialist, reveals that Matcha "has ten to fifteen times the antioxidant power as regular green tea that comes in a bag." A splash of citrus can boost the antioxidant levels in your tea as well. "Adding lemon juice to the green tea will enhance the antioxidant power by four times."
Matcha tea is an easy and simple way to add powerful cancer-fighting EGCg to your everyday diet.
Change the odds with matcha tea from Matcha Source.